Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year's Day

New year's day, a new year, new start etc.....

Hard to feel enthusiastic about the new year when it is gale force winds and horizontal rain.

So, we did what any sensible family would do, we went to see Frozen at the cinema (amazing by the way!) followed by a huge lunch at Frankie and Bennys.

Still, I really felt that I should make the most of the free childcare and do something with the horses. So I put out some poles in a fan shape, and lunged the mare for 15 mins at walk and trot with the poles. I then arranged the poles so that there was one to go over, with one on the outside to stop the gelding running out, and keep straight over the pole. He then got 10mins in the failing light, followed by a good brush off. Would have been more impressive if he hadn't rolled in his own piss just before I went in with the brush. Just when I think he can sink no lower......

No comments:

Post a Comment