Friday, 25 November 2011

Today I am Superwoman!

Seriously, the only thing I can't do is fly.

Today I got up at 6.45am (mostly thanks to my Husband's phone) had a shower and washed my hair and got dressed. All before my children were ready to get up (this is quite an achievement)

We got to school on time, then went to the postbox and the local shop to get milk (before we had run out!) As soon as my Son and I got home I started on the housework, my kitchen is now clean, and sorted out a load of baby stuff for a friend. A friend then came round for tea and mince pies (not home made, they were on special offer in M&S) Picked my Daughter up from school, had lunch etc.

Then I phoned up a horse feed company to get some more info on one of their products, I was impressed so have ordered a bag of these I will pick them up on monday, so will report back on them then.  Whilst on the phone, I made a chunky pasta sauce from fridge leftovers (tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper, garlic, carrots, celery and bacon)

I then loaded the kids into the car, and off to the horses we went. At the horses, I put some Kwickbeet on to soak, mucked out my two stables and put clean straw in both, skipped out the paddock, got my horses in, picked out their feet, straighted the Gelding's rug. I then (this is the exciting bit!) got some jump stands and poles out and set them up in the school. I had a lovely ride on the Mare, some flatwork, mostly getting her to listen to me and be more responsive as she can switch off a bit and go around like an old mule if you let her. Her canter is improving, we have had some niggles with the canter transitions, and on the left rein the canter is a bit wonky, but the last bit was a huge improvement. Then we popped over the jump. It was only a dinky cross-pole, but it perked us both up, so smiles all round.

Of course, by now I realise I need to kick on a bit to get everything finished before my Son wakes up, as having to push a buggy around while carrying feeds and haynets does make life that bit harder.

Everything done, get home around 4.30, I then have to get the kids (ok, and myself) fed before going to the school Christmas Fayre <<shudder>>

It was horrible, a hot hall, packed with children high on fizzy drinks and plastic tat won at the 20p tombola. We stayed 10mins, but luckily my Daughter was more than happy to leave once she had a chocolate crispy cake.

Both children are now in bed, I have the (real) fire lit, wine in the fridge (congratulating myself on a job well done) and I am now trying to think up 24 activities for advent....

No comments:

Post a Comment