Thursday 24 November 2011

Why have I started a blog?

I like the idea of writing a diary. I have started many in my life, but they last a couple of weeks at the very most. What I struggle with is who are you writing it to? An imaginary friend? The diary itself? Yourself? It just feels strange. With a blog you can (in theory) be writing to actual people, does that make sense?

I wanted some way of recording the small things that may be forgotten, good and bad, and if anyone wanted to read about it, then great.

I have lots going on my life, I feel I am many things. I am a Stay At Home Mum (SAHM) to my children, I am a housewife (actually, to anyone who knows me, this is laughable!) I have horses and in my head I am still a 'serious' rider.

Some days I feel I am all of these things, and sometimes I feel like none of them. Sometimes (quite a lot of the time to be fair) I feel like a stroppy 14yr old in a sulk because she has to do something she doesn't want to.

What I am aiming for with this blog is to have somewhere I can witter on about my family, my horses or whatever. My horse friends don't tend to have children, so don't really get how difficult it can be to fit in the horses around them. My 'Mum' friends don't have horses and don't really see what the big deal is, and think I am mad to 'waste' so much time and money on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment