Tuesday 10 January 2012

Books

I love reading. I find it the only thing that can completely switch my brain off or distract me when things are stressing me out. However, I am not really into 'intellectual' books, I like trash - Jilly Cooper (of course!) Amanda Quick type historical crime/mysteries, Jodie Picoult and various chick lit. I also really like children's books. I love Harry Potter, so much so that I re-read the whole set every 18months or so, or when I am feeling poorly. I adore vintage pony books, the Pullein-Thompsons for example, or National Velvet.

I tend to go to the market on a Tuesday, and next to it there is the Oxfam book shop, so I try to pop in to see if there is anything good. I have bought some elderly hardback Winnie the Pooh books in there (99p each) National Velvet (79p) We Hunted Hounds, C Pullein-Thompson (79p) and the odd book for the kids.

This morning while having breakfast I read http://cassandraparkin.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/adventures-in-trash-holiday-camp-mystery-by-margaret-a-cole/ which meant I had to look in the Oxfam shop this morning, and lo and behold, I found Enid Blyton's First Term at Mallory Towers - perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment