Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Good Day and a Good Health Visitor

It always makes me feel quite cross when I hear of unhelpful (and worse!) Health Visitors. I would imagine it to be rather a nice job, lots of weighing babies and reassuring mothers. Anyway, I have always been really impressed by our HV team, I have never been made to feel inadequate or silly.

Today was a visit to discuss DS and his behaviour, namely his violent tantrums and the issue of not staying in bed. I feel I have been given a confidence boost and we now have a plan of action, mostly the sticking to a routine come hell or high water!

So, today I have been very mindful of the time, and DS. This meant that lunch was on the table by 12pm, that we were out of the house by 1.15pm and DS fast asleep by the time we got to the yard at 1.25pm.  The result of this was that DS had a lovely hour and a half nap, and I got lots done due to leaving the house before the afternoon slump hit!

I am not very good with sticking to routines, I like the idea of them, but I also like the spontaneity of a surprise afternoon shopping, or day out with friends. Also, DH's job can throw a bit of a spanner in the works with his crazy hours. Sadly, both children and horses thrive on a good routine so I am kind of stuck!

But, you know what? There might be something in this whole organised, routine thing if today is something to go by.  The HV is coming back in 2 weeks, so we shall see how we are doing, even I can stick to a rigid routine for 2 weeks (I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment